Windows Do not compromise on its security and can’t trust the software which are not digitally signed. Digitally signed driver are the one which are signed driver from its vendors.
According to windows policy, digital signed driver cannot be modified once it is installed without Signing Authority permission. Therefore when you face the windows error “A digitally signed driver is required”, then it means windows has prevent the installation of a driver which has no digital signature. Because it is against the policy windows, as the driver should be digitally signed in order to get installed on your system.
In this article, we will guide you how to fix this issue through simple methods.
Table of Contents
Method # 1: How To Disable Driver Singing
- Simply open the run dialogue box and then type “gpedit.msc” and then press enter to execute the command.
- In Local group policy editor, follow the below path carefully:
In the right pane, User configuration->Administrative templates->System->Driver installation->code signing for device.
3. Then you need to click on the “Enabled” option.
4. After that, from the drop down menu located under the option “When windows detect a driver file without digital signature”, select the option “Ignore” and then press “Ok” to make changes.
Now, check the problem is gone or still persists.
Method # 2: How To Permanently Disable Windows Driver Signature Enforcement
Turning off windows Driver Signature, windows will not prevent you from installing the driver which are not digitally signed.
- Launch the “command Prompt” by typing “cmd” in windows start search and then right click on the “command prompt” and select the option “run as administrator”.
2. Then simply type the following command and press enter to execute:
bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on
3. After that, restart your computer and then check.
4. To turn the windows driver signature enforcement “On”, type the following command again:
bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks off
5. The above command will turn the driver enforcement “On”.
Method # 3: How To Enable Testsigning On
To enable the Testsigning On means, that windows will give you the permission to install the drivers which are not digitally signed for testing purpose. Simply follow the below steps:
- Open the “command prompt” as an administrator privileges by selecting the option “run as administrator”.
2. Then in command prompt window, type the following command and press enter to execute:
bcdedit /set testsigning on
3. After executing the above command, you need to restart your computer and then check the problem is gone or not.
4. To turn the testsigning Off again, execute the following command:
bcdedit /set testsigning off
5. Simply restart your computer to make the changes.
I am an experienced Software Engineer and freelance app developer. Here at USBDriversPie, I help you find latest USB drivers for your smartphone and tablet.